Friday, July 29, 2011

My Daddy...


Dear Dad,

Well, It has been 4 years ago that I said goodbye. I still remember sitting in the student center at First Baptist hearing my phone ringing playing "Sweet Home Alabama" when mom called to say you hadn't been awake all day. Jesse and I had been up there for a few hours the night before. I did tear up before leaving that night and looking back I guess somehow I knew that was the last time we would talk. If you were here today I would let you know how thankful I am for all of the opportunities you gave me as a little girl. You made me into the person I am today. I thank you for providing security and help anytime I needed it. Now that I have a child I understand that unconditional love that you had even though I didn't always deserve it. I know that you love watching Georgia Grace grow up as much as we do and last night was the first time she seemed to really recognize her name. Jesse, Corey, Sam, and I were talking about football starting up soon. Georgia Grace was asleep and something was said about the Georgia/Carolina game and she opened her eyes. She had been asleep for a while and then she started falling back asleep realizing we weren't really talking to her but Jesse said Georgia again and she was bright eyed looking at him again. It was awesome just knowing that she knows who she is and to know we chose her name to honor you! God is awesome in the fact that she looks like you in so many ways. So far she has your big blue eyes...she has your smile...and she even looks like your baby pictures. Sometimes it's almost creepy when I am feeding her and she gives me a big grin it makes me think you are right there! I know you would spoil her rotten if you were here (like you spoiled me) but mom is doing a good job of that! Just know that I think of you each day and I am blessed to have her as a reminder of you. Thank you for all of your love, care, and support that you gave me for a full 25 years. You were the best daddy a girl could ask for besides Jesse with Georgia Grace :)

I love you and think of you everyday!
"Say-rah"


Here is the post I wrote last year about my dad that explains how he passed away

3 comments:

  1. I am sitting at work with tears in my eyes. That was such a beautiful letter to your daddy! Thank you for sharing that! God Bless!!!


    http://purelyamy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad was such an awesome man. Shaun still talks about hunting with him and Jesse every time it is deer season.
    I love ya girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Say-rah! I didn't know your daddy...but I'm sure he's looking down from heaven bragging about you and his granddaughter :) such a sweet tribute!

    ReplyDelete