Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Morning Sickness really should be renamed...


*warning...if you have a weak stomach don't read...or for that matter don't get pregnant

Morning Sickness for me could be called several things...morning sickness, afternoon sickness, evening sickness, middle of the night sickness, or even all day sickness...cause I have had it all. I haven't really given much of an update since last time because I kept hoping I could post IT'S OVER...but even with the end of the 1st trimester still came throwing up...so I waited...well yesterday I officially did not ever gag, throw up or anything, but I did have an AWFUL headache by evening. Anyway, over the past two months and the sickness I have lost 5 lbs from my June 2nd appointment and changed from the prenatals to 2 Flinstones Vitamins and folic acid and its been very difficult to brush my teeth without throwing up or feeling like I need to...the crazy thing...the nausea went away around week 11 but the throwing up was still happening...I will wait till I go a few days without any throwing up before I state that the morning or pregnancy sickness is over!

I hate to complain about any of it cause I know some people have thrown up all day, everyday of their pregnancy and luckily MOST days I have still been able to function, with the exception of 2 that I can remember. The doctor said he wasn't worried about the weight loss yet and that I just have 5 free lbs to gain later once my appetite was back...he said worst thing that could happen is that I have to have a few milkshakes everyday! (I really like Chickfila milkshakes!) He also said that by 14 weeks (which will be this Friday) I should be feeling better...so I am holding out until Friday...especially since we are going to the beach next week with the Radius youth!

I also know that Jesse is very ready for me to feel better...so he can actually eat more than bagels, cereal, and oatmeal...but he has been awesome during it...even cleaning up after I threw up in the sink since I couldn't make the toilet...luckily I know that when the baby throws up I can call on daddy to come clean it up! I keep trying to think...would I clean his throw up up?! I don't know if I can answer that yet...at this point and my weak stomach...NO WAY but maybe after the pregnancy is over! Anyway...hope you all could stomach the throw up talk...I hope to let you know really soon that the pregnancy sickness is OVER! Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah - Sorry to hear that you're having a rough time with the "anytime" sickness. Brushing teeth causing gagging - I can totally relate!! And I also had to throw up in the sink one time because I didn't make it to the trashcan. Praying that tomorrow brings you some relief!!

    ReplyDelete